This is an Improvement, às Colts owner Jim Irsay shares positive health update on social media.

The owner and CEO of the Indianapolis

Colts was being treated for a respiratory illness, according to the team.

INDIANAPOLIS —no owner and CEO Jim Irsay posted an update on his health Tuesday afternoon, nearly two months after he was found unresponsive at his home in Carmel and almost a month after the team said he was battling a respiratory illness.

“On the mend. Grateful for all the messages of love and support,” Irsay posted at 2:01 p.m. Feb. 6 on X, formerly known as Twitter.

On Jan. 9, the team said Irsay was being treated for a respiratory illness and issued the following statement:

“Jim Irsay is currently being treated for a severe respiratory illness. While this unfortunately means he won’t be able to perform with his band this week in Los Angeles, he is receiving excellent care and looks forward to returning to the stage as soon as possible. We’ll have no additional information at this time and we ask that you respect the privacy of Jim and his family as he recovers.”

13News reached out to the Colts organization on Jan. 17 for an update on Irsay’s health. The organization responded with the following statement:

“Mr. Irsay continues to recover from his respiratory illness. We will have no further comment on his personal health, and we continue to ask that Jim and his family’s privacy be respected.”

Irsay had suffered another medical emergency in December.

According to a police report, someone called Carmel police and said they found Irsay unconscious on a bathroom floor Dec. 8 around 4:30 a.m.

When police arrived, they said Irsay had been moved to his bed, “where he was struggling to breathe and had a weak pulse and constricted pupils.”


Police say in the documents that an attempt to wake Irsay up with a sternum rub was not successful. Police then allegedly administered one dosage of Narcan, to which “he responded slightly.”

The documents indicate paramedics arrived and “took over lifesaving measures.” The documents allegedly say Irsay was then taken to a nearby hospital.

“At this time, it is unknown what Mr. Irsay had ingested prior to our arrival,” police allegedly said in the documents, classifying the incident as both “overdose” and “overdose/poisoning.”

It is unclear if the Dec. 8 incident is related to Irsay’s recent hospitalization, which the team announced in January.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.