ESPN has pulled FSU football from its FPI Power Rating ahead of the National Championship

The latest rankings are ahead of the national championship.

The Florida State Seminoles lost in the College Football Playoffs, struggled with the roster, then caught up in the drama after losing to Georgia in the Orange Bowl.

The two teams that will have a chance to play on January 8th are the Michigan Wolverines and the Washington Huskies. Before the national championship game, ESPN released the latest edition of its Football Power Index (FPI) Top 25, and Florida State remains atop the ACC, moving up two spots from 11th to 13th.

   The Georgia Bulldogs moved up four spots and now are the #4 seed, the Michigan Wolverines are the #1 seed with a 75% chance of winning the national championship, and two teams have leapfrogged FSU in the playoff spot: Alabama and Texas. I sat in seats 6 and 7. Washington is ranked 12th with a 25% chance of winning a national title. The final AP Poll will be released after the National Championship game.

   Florida State ranks 10th in offense, 21st in offense, 26th in special teams and 6th in defense.
ESPN introduced the Football Power Index (FPI) in 2013 to evaluate each team. 039; strength and predictions over time. As the schedule progresses, team rankings and FPI are determined using data from playoff games while predicting the results of upcoming games.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.